Friday, 26 March 2010

It's Been a While

Hello all,

Well, I suppose I should have started this with "hello few", as it's been months since I've been here and I know of only one person who has checked it anytime recently. Yes, that's right, another run-on sentence! Most of the last three months have been fairly uneventful. There was the four month headache of my car's check engine light constantly coming on, and eventually my coolant light coming on, in a giant red and flashing manner. That was exciting, in all the wrong ways. But after so many tension headaches, a couple hundred dollars (far less than it would have cost to have a mechanic do what I took care of), one giant blood blister, some other cuts and bruising, swearing and anger, the problem has been resolved! Two weeks of everyday driving, and no lights coming on, flashing, or yelling at me, in any color! Phew! Oh, and my mileage has gone back to what it was before that whole debacle started. Yay! I do have a picture of the previously mention blood blister, but the few I knew could handle such an image already received it, and I won't be sharing it here. As far as any other pictures go, I haven't really taken any since my last post, so this will be one of those boring text only postings.

As a few of you know, about a month ago I had a dream that introduced me to an unknown blonde woman. In the following weeks, she has come to visit me several times in other dreams I've had since. Nothing kinky, or otherwise, just keeping me company in my subconscious I guess. For a while I thought that my mind was telling me that I should give up on my brunette standard, and try to find myself a blonde girlfriend, for the first time since I was 12-13 years old. That worked out for me about as well as trying to catch a brunettes attention. There were a couple of nights when I thought my mind was being invaded by somebody, or something, but couldn't find any signs of possession. Then, after a couple of weeks, I started finding myself noticing just the brunettes again. Until last night, when I met somebody for the first time. Hold on, let me go back a bit, and start that one off properly.

About a month and a half ago, shortly after finishing my lunch at work, a woman came into the office to pick up an item she had ordered. She immediately commented on my voice (shocking, I know), and told me about a voice over group she had joined, and subsequently asked if I'd be interested in joining as well. Hmmm, that seemed a silly question to me. I came to find out that this group, ChiVO (short for Chicago Voice-over), meets officially once a month, on the last Thursday of every month, in downtown Chicago. Unfortunately last month I was short on funds (again, shocking), and had my housemate Brent's birthday that Thursday, and was heading up north that following Friday, for my Dad's birthday. So I had to wait another long month to make it to my first meeting. So the next week I set aside some money to ensure that I would have money for travel. parking and food, should I need it. Last night was finally the night, and I joined the one woman I had met already, her friend, Jack, and we carpooled into the city. When we found parking, we walked a couple of blocks to this cool cafe, in which the group has been meeting upstairs. Naturally, we went upstairs, and upon entering the room something happened. I had emailed the woman who heads up the group, her name is Morgan, to gain acceptance to the group and be put on the mailing list (email list), but had not met her yet. I did however, know at first glance of the blonde woman sitting among other people in this room, was going to be Morgan. I was not wrong. Anyway, the meeting went alright. It's a rather eclectic group of people. Ranging from amateurs like me, to old pros looking to get back into the field, to people just interested in it, and one audio/video engineer. Not surprisingly, there was a wide difference in everybody's age, but little difference in that almost everybody has a strong background in theatre. A lot of what was talked about was not news to me, but there was some stuff about the industry that I'd forgotten about, and a couple of tips I'd never known about. It wrapped up around 9:30, and we all slowly made our way downstairs, and departed slowly. I finally made it home around 11:30, and didn't fall asleep until sometime after 1:30 this morning. My alarm clocks seemed to skip four hours, and start going off immediately, but I made it to work on time today, and managed to keep my eyes open all day.

That's right, I've decided to leave everybody hanging. Suckers, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! (or, "moo ha ha!") Now to wait and see what I can do in this newly reopened opportunity. Maybe this long time dream of mine will take a step towards reality, what ever road it leads me down.
In case you're wondering, I'm actually referring to the voice over dream.

As for this night tonight, I am trying to fend off the new bout of depression that struck me on my drive home from work today. As much as I'd like to blame it on being so damn tired, I know that's not it. This has been a recurring theme for me on Friday afternoons, when 3 o'clock comes around, and I know I have nothing to look forward to all weekend, other than turning my alarm clocks off for a couple of days.

I hope that everyone else is getting along okay. Have yourselves a good weekend, have some good food, and of course, laugh a couple of times!

Peace out y'all!


eristar said...

Yee-haw - he's back! But way to leave us hanging...:(

Ebay Clone said...

I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. I update my knowledge after read your post.

Thanks for sharing!
Ebay Clone Software

Online Auctions said...

I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Buy and Sell Collectibles