Thursday 20 August 2009

Wacky World All Around

Hey y'all!

The world is a wacky place, I'm stuck in it, and I forgot my lunch today. Thanks to the rains we had all through the night, and continuing well into the morning today, I got to see 4 different types of spiders in the basement before the clock hit 6 a.m.. I saw 3 horses I haven't seen before, grazing in a small pasture before the clock hit 7 a.m.. I saw two car accidents before 8 a.m.. During the noon hour I saw an all white egret, just chilling on a fence post. And by 3 p.m. I saw the Buffalo Grove fire marshal. Then I drove back home. Everything that happened between those things was fairly inconsequential.

I have learned what happened to my Dell account now. As it turns out, by paying off a extraordinarily old revolving past due fee, on a different account, it created a red flag on my credit report (???), and Dell decided I wasn't a worthy customer anymore. Go figure. Who knew that by finally taking an initiative to pay off a past due fee, I would actually do more damage to my credit report???!!! How much sense does that make? Anybody have a good rational explanation for me? Speaking of credit, the government has once again stepped in to try to help the people. They have made some changes to the credit "laws", in order to take pressure off of us spenders. While I was hoping that it would be along the lines of forcing them to lower every body's interest rates, it wasn't. All they did was force creditors to send notice of interest changes 45 days in advance of changing it, instead of 15 days. Ooh ooh baby, that'll make a HUGE difference!!! Right? Oh, right...not really. Thanks Feds, you really saved our collective ass with that move.

I guess I don't need to mention this, as I'm once again convinced that my family members are the only ones to read this, but I went to see my family last weekend. I had to map out how to get there from my new residence, and I'm glad I did. I would have ended up going wayyyyy out of the way, had I taken the route I'd had in mind. Kind of like I did on my way home! In an attempt to back track, without being able to properly take the time to look at the maps I had printed out (yes that's right, printed out. I have no GPS, nor do I plan to get one any time soon, so there!). It's hard to explain what happened, so I won't. I'll just sum it up as a freaky happening with the compass and immovable roads. I was heading south, took an exit to go east for a while, and suddenly I had to take another right to return to traveling south... I was a little confused by this, as the first exit I took was NOT a roundabout, but merely a ramp. Wacky I tell you.

I recently was reunited with an old classmate on FB. By recently I mean on Monday. She's (Sabina) been living in Phoenix for the last few years, but is moving back this weekend. Shortly after she gets back we are going to meet up for a drink. It's been 12 years since we last talked, and I am really looking forward to seeing her again! The stupid part is (on my end that is) that I couldn't remember her when we first befriended on FB, a couple months ago. As it turns out, she was my partner in Psychology, back at Hersey. How I couldn't remember this I do not know, as that was one of the few classes I actually liked, respected, and nearly always attended! I felt a little foolish for not remembering who I was partnered with for almost the entire course. But hey, if any of you knew me back then, you may know why some of those memories have a few clouds floating through them. And I've always been terrible with remembering names. But hey, I remember her now, so yay!

In other news, the Cubs have been sucking some serious ass this week. They are playing out in Cali, and in California they never play day games. That means that all of the games don't start until 9 p.m. CST, and I don't like it when they start so bloody late! I caught a few innings of each game that they lost. Last night was the one time I didn't see a single second of the game, and they won! So I guess I should just stop watching the games altogether from here on out.......or not...

Alright, I think that's enough rambling for now. I think I'll go see if the pool still needs to be vacuumed. Then maybe play some guitar, or possibly just listen to somebody who really knows how to play a guitar, and just sing along. All I know is tomorrow is Friday, and 3 p.m. tomorrow can't get here fast enough!

I hope everyone is having a good week, had a good weekend (a little late, I know), and has a fantastic weekend starting tomorrow! Good food, and music, and laughter to all. Peace out!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

life is a bit crazy isn't it? And now you know that not just your family read this :)

eristar said...

Hey, welcome back and so long, farewell, all in the same sentence!
It was nice chatting with you last night - keeping my fingers crossed, arthritis and all, that your meeting with Sabina goes swimmingly!
Call you when we get back! (or "bakc" as I first typed...)