Sunday 9 August 2009

Doesn't Feel Like 2 Months

Midday moon.


Hey y'all!

Here I am, once again using the first sentence (in my usual run-on way) to extend apologies for lagging in my posting, to the few of you who may even still check my blog anymore. So there.

It's been a pretty good weekend so far. There was the usual Friday night party, one which I was actually awake for the majority of! I believe I have emerged fully from my reclusive life, and now feel okay when large gatherings of people are around. This party left the usual clean up the next day, even though I had started cleaning while it was still in full swing. I tend to stick to my floor for the cleaning process, and this weekend yielded a pair of left behind pants. We find left behind clothing regularly, but it's mostly layering clothes, and not main pieces, like say...pants. However, the story is not one of a sordid nature, but actually part of pre-party planning on the side of the attendee. She arrived in a dress, see. With her bathing suit on under it, and she brought the pants for the post swimming portion of the evening. I was a bit surprised by the fact that somebody actually took that into consideration for once! Our friend (by our I mean all of the residents of this house), TJ, brought over a lot of foreign people, from Australia, England (oh, right, sorry, I mean the "U.K."), and one Middle Eastern person. It was kind of amusing to me the next morning, when a large group of us went out to breakfast. A couple people were talking about how cool it was to actually be able to speak with non-american people in person. I almost laughed at that, but I often forget that not everybody is familiar with exchange programs, and not every school is fully mixed, so I didn't laugh, not out loud anyway...

Yesterday was used mainly for cleaning and recovery. While lending a small hand upstairs, I got to thinking about how long I've lived here. It really doesn't feel like two months already. My how the time flies. But I don't regret the choice, and I'm feeling mostly human again, so no real complaints to speak of. Plus I have met more new people in the last two months, than I have in the last four years combined. One might think I would have found a girlfriend by now, hell even I myself might have thought that. But I run into the same old dilemma's, either they are too young for my taste, or the more usual, already seeing/married to somebody. Oh well, one of these days.

Which brings me back to today. I am going to grill tonight, and once again the one who suggested it, and what to make, is not going to eat what was suggested. If you must know, I'm going to make burgers and corn on the cob. But she won't eat burgers. Go figure. It's cool though, I don't mind grilling. Although it is currently raining, but hey, I am a Dabrowski, and I grill in all weather!!! I suppose it might stop by the time I start the charcoal, but if it doesn't it's still cool with me. At this moment I am watching the Cubs game, and they need a rally rather desperately right now. It's happened before, and it can happen again! Okay, now I'm getting distracted, so I think I'll stop here.

I hope everyone had a similarly good weekend, and that everyone got in some good music, food and laughs! Peace out y'all.

Can anybody tell me what kind of spider this is?

1 comment:

eristar said...

Great pictures!

PYROG - froggie gum disease?