Sunday, 27 September 2009

The Fog Lifted This Morning

Hello again.

It's the last weekend of September, and I finally got the picture I've been talking about for weeks now, sweet! It only took a couple weekends of getting up early on Sunday mornings, defeating the term "lazy Sunday", only to find the rain clouds hanging around at ground level. However, regardless of what my computer's weather bug tried telling me this earlier this morning, FOG, when I walked upstairs to get some juice before heading out I glanced out the window above the kitchen sink, and discovered the fog had already lifted. At last!

Going back about an hour, I had woken up at 5 a.m., under my own power. While laying there, deciding whether I should get up and about, or just close my eyes again, I heard Brent walking around. Sometimes he gets up at 2 or 3 in the morning, has a bowl of cereal alone and in near darkness, and then leaves the bowl on the dining table and goes back to bed. On this morning I didn't hear him move one of the chairs, but instead I heard him grab his keys, and leave through the front door. I thought that was a bit odd, but thought maybe he was just running to the store, or maybe the gas station, but he was still MIA when I went upstairs for the before mentioned juice. There was an empty bowl and spoon sitting on the dining table, but when it was used I do not know. I also discovered, when I went to leave, that he had left the front door unlocked when he left. Knowing he had his keys, I locked the door behind me, as so Stefanie wouldn't wake up alone, confused, and vulnerable to the occasional passerby. Call me chauvinistic, or call it courtesy. I'll call it making use of the lock for one of the intended purposes that it's installed.

I was glad I got to my desired location when I did. The sun was just clearing the horizon, and there was virtually no traffic to worry about hitting me while walking along the shoulder of a two lane road, or obstructing the shot. I got my shutter moving, and walked back to my car, taking one last picture with my phone to send to my sister. Hey Booger Brain, I hope I didn't wake you up when I sent it, and that you don't cry before the matinee is over today!

When I was on my way back home, the fog actually returned, hiding the sun from view, and causing me to turn on my cars anti-fog devices. I made a stop at a McD's, and while sitting in the parking lot to eat in my car, I saw what looked like Brent's Jeep, driven by a guy that may have been Brent, heading north towards home. I finished my meal, and made another stop at Jewel before making my way back to the house. Upon arrival I noticed that Brent's car was not in the driveway. Okay, curiouser and curiouser. I went inside, and was in the kitchen putting away my purchases, when Stefanie came down the hall. I thought it was a bit odd for her to be up so early on the weekend, and she thought it was odd that it was me that had come in, and not Brent. I asked if she knew where he went, but she didn't. We both decided to do our thing for a minute, and meet back in the living room to discuss the signs we've been noticing of late. But before I could get back upstairs, Brent came home. When I went back up, they were in their bedroom with the door mostly closed. I heard them talking, and they were both laughing, so I just said hello from the hall, and then came back downstairs. I still don't know where he went, and why he went where ever he did so early. Maybe I'll find out later.

The rest of this weekend went pretty well. Friday night brought only a couple of people over, literally a couple, Justin and Lauren. I like the both of them, but once again I felt a bit uncomfortable, and alone. I went to bed first, as per usual. Yesterday I slept in, and when I got up, I was unaware that Justin and Lauren were still here, when I told Brent and Stef that I'd pay for breakfast if they wanted to go to our sometimes breakfast spot. Oops. It was cool though, and we all went out, only to discover that the management at the restaurant had changed, as well as the chef. Everybody got something wrong in their orders, and my food tasted a bit more than a bit off. So I guess that ends that Saturday tradition. I was also hoping to finally meet up with Sabina, but her new job has kinda crappy hours. Oh well, one of these days.

Okay fine, I've been talking about this elusive picture for long enough. I suppose you all might want to see it. So here ya go...

Is this really Wauconda?
Better shot, but power lines snuck in for a cameo :(

I hope everyone has been having a good time of it lately, and everything else. Happy Lazy Sunday to all, and make sure to squeeze in some good tunes and eats and laughs today!

1 comment:

eristar said...

Wow, beautiful! Thanks for sharing!