Wednesday 21 January 2009

V-Dub Rocks (and so does Obama!)

Hey there y'all, it's been a while. So I can't post without stating a couple of things first. Yesterday was not only one of the most historic days in all of North American history, but it was the day that I became proud to be an American citizen. The last time was about in 3rd grade, the days before I took my first US history class. I can't put into words how I truly feel about Barack Obama (spell check says I've spelled his name wrong) becoming president. Today was his first day fully in office, and he already did two things I've been bitching about for years now, but nobody else had the balls or foresight to do. He's put in motion the plan to bring all our troops home from Iraq. Amazingly, when the Iraqi government heard this, they agreed that they could fully protect their own people, and are happy to do so. Secondly, he officially put a cap on the salary that any, let me say that again, ANY White House employee could not make more than $100,000 (for those who don't make that much yet anyway)! Whooooooo hoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's about time that we have a leader that can think like an everyday person, and has the intelligence to put everything into perspective.

Okay, so today, in my immediate world, didn't start off all that well. My boss, Matt, misheard me yesterday, and didn't call me to tell me it was a 7:30 start, and I got there at the usual time of 7 am. Then, at around 8, I attempted to skip a track on my I-Pod, only to have it completely freeze up on me. I took it out of it's dock, and for four hours it thought it was still being charged. I thought it was done for, and was really pissed because the warranty expired many moons ago, and 30 gig I-Pods are still really bloody expensive. Okay, so that was really all that was bad this morning, but losing my I-Pod would have been really really shitty! I am a music freak, and going one day without music is not a good thing for me, or the people around me. So you might understand why that would have been so devastating. But then, about 10 minutes before 3 pm, the battery finally crapped out on it, and I tried plugging it in again, and foop, it worked again! YAY! Then, at 3, I left work and headed towards Mt Prospect to take my car to the VW Autobarn. See, the temp control lights had gone out a little over a month ago, and then 2 weeks ago, it went out again, arrg. But guess what, since I paid the $33 once, it was covered for a full year, so that was great. It only took me 20 minutes to get there, all while rocking out to my music, so that was really cool. While I was there I had them do an oil change as well.

While I was waiting, I had a chance to put Cash Cab on the tv, and suddenly all the people in the waiting area wandered over to the tv, and really got into it, so that was cool too. About an hour and 20 minutes later my car was ready. They washed it, vacuumed it, topped off all the fluids, and adjusted a couple things in the engine, all at no cost to me, AND they gave me a 20% discount on top of all that! Whoo hoo again! I love Volkswagen! Remember how I told you it only took me 20 minutes to get there? Well it took me over an hour to get home, but my car ran smoothly, and my I-Pod picked out some great tunes for me to rock out to again, and all in all it was great!!!

Now I'm going to cringe to some American Idol auditions before a new Episode of GHI. I wish i could think of everything I wanted to blog about for the last few days, but darn it, I just can't. Oh, and about the pictures I wanted to post, I can't. i had to scan the photos, and when i tried to share them, the stupid Snapfish program won't let me do anything but post a link to view the pics on their stupid site. If only I'd had a digital camera way back before they existed, there wouldn't be a problem. So sorry to those who's hopes I may have gotten up, but no new old pics here :(

Peace out y'all, and I hope your all having a great time!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Stupid Snapfish. >:[

myclu... guess!

eristar said...

Well, that was a somewhat eclectic post! I'm not complaining - I liked it! Sorry about the photos - I was looking forward to them. Should I add my own "stupid Snapfish"? Yes? Okay, consider it added!
MINSFUT - Not sure what it means, but it sounds slightly nasty...