Tuesday 27 January 2009

Money and Stuff

The fact that my current bank has stopped taking customers coins in bulk quantity has really put me off. The main reason is because that simple action has absolutely ruined my top reason for saving all of that change; road trip gas money. You see, there was a time in my life, not all that long ago, that I would take at least one actual road trip per year. Between those road trips, I would save all of the coins. Then, on the day of departure the next year/time, I would take all of that moola to my bank and cash it in. It usually came to anywhere from $70 to $120, which I would use for gas money. But now I can't do that. What the bleep!?

Today, when I got my mail after work there was a brochure from another local bank, so I called them. Guess what? They'll take my change! So I'll be changing banks. They also offer free service to handle changing over your current account with another bank. I'm curious as to how far they will go to do that. But I can take care of anything I need to, so no worries there.

I haven't changed banks in 9 years, and I have a goal for the new bank. I don't want to ever find out how much they charge for being overdraft. I have a feeling that even if all the people who have and are able to cross their fingers did so, I might still find out. However, I really need to be smart about my money all the time, so I really am going to attempt managing my money from here on out.

In other news, I just got a confirmation phone call from work. It started off just to reiterate a 7:30 start time tomorrow morning. I heard the "but" coming. You must understand something first... the building I work in is a typical office complex building. Our front door neighbors come over all the time. My bosses and I also go next door to talk all the time. Today, at 3, just before I was leaving work, I went next door to see George. He was in one of the offices, and I could tell that the particular office's resident was on the phone, and George was in there too. just on the other side of the window. I ever so gently tapped on the window to get his attention. George opened the door and said he couldn't talk because he was helping with an order being placed over the phone. No problem, I just left, quietly. After I left, Matt, the guy who was on the phone, who I know and talk to on a regular basis, went over to our office and started yelling at my bosses that I was no longer allowed to some over there. Just because. I didn't lose them any business or anything like that, he just flipped out. I'm sorry, but if I did something to upset you that much, yell at me, not my bosses, who had nothing to do with it either. I'm really pissed about this. Fine, I'll respect his wishes, but damn, where the hell did that come from? Does he not realize that his boss comes into our office and interrupts stuff all the time? I mean seriously?!

I have something to end this on a good note! The current mini wine bottle style of my beer bottle makes for an awesome basso sound, when it's used as a wind instrument!!!

Peace out y'all, and remember that you shouldn't yell at people who are undeserving.

P.S.: I have removed the snapfish link, as that link sucked!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

The link DID suck, but it's not your fault. I hope you can figure out a way to post the pictures right to your blog. Good luck with your bank switch. And WTF, Matt? Not cool.

So anyway, INSON. As opposed to the out son.

eristar said...

Well, Lisa pretty much summed up what I was going to say, so never mind!
INGERI - what you might get if you fall on the ice...