Sunday 7 September 2008

I Knew It Had Been A While

Wow, I knew it had been a while since I posted anything, but last Tuesday, wow, sorry!

It is now Sunday, and I've been doing my best to make it an official Lazy Sunday. It's gone mostly well. I slept in a little bit, and have mostly just been lazing around my apartment (other than going to the store, and spending a little time on the back step of the building, reading). I really shouldn't have gone to the store, as i will already be overdrawn when my rent check clears, but hey, in the last 4-5 months I've dropped down to 150 lb., which means that my body is digesting muscle to stay awake, alert and alive, just like when I had mono when I was 14 (except at least then I had mono, and was mostly asleep). So I went grocery shopping, sue me.

Being Sunday, I am always a little taken aback when creditors call. But the do, those evil soulless bastards! My phone rang 8 times today, and not once was it a friend or a family member, but a collection agent, yay. I really need to get that job at Dominos!!! have I ever told y'all how much I hate money, and how money hates me? Wait, I think I have...

I've been feeling an itch to let my artistic side out lately. But I can never manage to make it divulge itself when I want to, boo. But just a short while ago, today, I came up with a saying, while replaying something my neighbor said to me on Friday. I had asked her if the appointment setting position was still available at her physical therapy office, and she said it was, but I wouldn't be any good at it, because I needed better "people skills"!!! I protested. Then she said that she didn't think I could handle it when people came in and they didn't have a good day, and her example was this..."Well people come in all the time, and when I ask how their day was, they just kinda grunt and say that it wasn't good because they were in pain all day, and now they had to be here. And then I try to make them smile by telling them how nice their shoes are..." Their shoes?! Wow, I've heard of misdirection before, but damn, that's more like materialism, not misdirection, don't ya think? Anyway, this popped into my head today, outta nowhere: Everybody has bad days, but just like them you too can have a good day. (cheesy, yes it is:)

I think I'll end this here. Tomorrow I'll be talking to a credit counseling agency, although i kinda expect they'll just tell me to get a second job. But hey, I need to do something, and I need to do it now. Every journey starts with one step, or something like that :-)

To all I love, I love you. To all I know, may peace be with you. To all those I know yet strongly dislike, well then you suck, but hopefully you'll have an epiphany sooner than later! Peace out y'all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Dave - czbzvgd, and other good stuff! I enjoyed the ending of today's blog. Happy not-yet-Monday! Love, Mom