Thursday 20 November 2008

Another Thursday Night...

...and I ain't got nobody. I got some money 'cause I just got paid. Oh how I wish I had someone to...talk to, come home to, cook for, laugh with, cry with, travel with...you get the point, I'm in an awful way.

Hey y'all, how be ye? I be me. It's Thursday, I worked both jobs today. I made $37 in tips at my second job! My first job was a headache right off the bat, before I even got to work. I was on my way in when my phone rang. It was one of my drivers. He was calling to let me know that he got stuck by a freight train and he'd be late. Two minutes later, my other driver called, he got stuck by the same train. Go figure. Then I arrived myself, having not been held up by any train. I was just about done unloading one skid of supplies, when I realized that everything I had just unpacked was for another company altogether. Sometimes we get one or two boxes for somebody else on our skid, but today, for the first time I can remember in the last 8 years, we got the wrong skid! At this time, both my other drivers were there, so I sent them to re-packing everything while I went to make some phone calls. When our skid was finally tracked down, we were told that their truck would be re-dispatched to pick it up and deliver it, in 2 hours!!!! So we sent our drivers to go pick it up instead. Then they discovered that the van they took had the steel straps in both front tires exposed. Talk about bald tires! So then that driver got to sit around while we located new tires that could be installed immediately. Once he was on his way, the phones started ringing relentlessly, which would have been a good thing, if they were all orders, but most of them were just stupid people playing the role of stupid people. But I survived! Tomorrow and next week one of my bosses is on vacation, AGAIN, so I get to work late, hooray.

I...
......
........
...........can't seem to think of anything else to write right now.

I guess that means I should stop blogging/bitching, and watch whatever I missed on TV last night before going to bed. Love to all who deserve it, and even for some who might not :)

1 comment:

eristar said...

Thanks for the love...now to figure out whether I'm in the first or second category!
TERAM!!! ("shazam" tripled???)