Saturday 4 April 2009

Still Single, About to Surpass My Old Record

Hey y'all!

I'll do my best not to make this post depressing. No really, I will. Fine, don't believe me, whatever (or "whatevz" as some girl I just viewed on a personals site ended her profile with).

It hasn't been a full 3 years of living alone quite yet (only about 2 years and 10 months), but as far as being single goes, it's been over 3 years. My last record was from the early onset of winter in 1994 until fall of 1997 (oh wait, I guess I have already surpassed my previous record, damn). This is very much officially getting to me. I can't watch a movie or TV show without seeing couples, married or otherwise, or at least some character that for no seemingly good reason gets all the girls that pass by him. Okay, so that is mainly the script writers, but I've seen this happen in real life too, so it still annoys me. I don't want every girl I pass everyday, that phase ended about a year and a half ago. Now I just want half the girls I pass everyday... Okay, that's not entirely true, but closer to true than I'd like. Just today for example, I went out for a bit, just to get my ass off the couch for a while. It seemed that I got checked out by all the women who were with a man, and didn't get so much as a glance from the "single" ones. What the hell is up with that?! As though the female species didn't confuse me enough, sheesh!

I digress. As part of my out of apartment experience today, I made use of my basketball, by stopping at a local park. It's a nice park, nice green fields, beautifully maintained baseball diamonds, a wonderfully paved(?) tennis court, and a soccer pitch that looked as though winter wasn't here recently. Then there was the basketball "court". The rims were horribly uneven, the pavement looked like the asphalt was just kinda dropped out of the back of a truck and then smoothed out by drunken elephants. I may not be the worlds best basketball player, but what a joke! I'm sure that anybody watching from the back porches and windows of the houses that line that part of the park got a great laugh if they watched me shoot around for a bit. It was still nice to get out and active, although my body wasn't too keen about it. It would have been better to have somebody to shoot around with, but that's cool. I've gotten uncomfortably used to doing every last thing I ever do alone anymore. Oh, right, I digressed already... I'm sure my arm and upper back are gonna feel great when I wake up tomorrow! But it was good to get the blood pumping, and some fresh air in my lungs. And it's a good thing I did it today, because tomorrow it's not supposed to get above 33 degrees, and there might be some...you guessed it, more snow. Yippe Kiyay motor plucker (I did actually here that while watching a Die Hard movie on a non cable channel a few years back)!

I just had a funny thought. I could get a leash for Marley, and take him to the local dog park. It may cause all kinds of havoc among the canine population, but I might just meet some quirky and cute (and single) woman, hee hee hee. Okay, maybe that's an idea better kept in my head than acted upon. And Marley just shot me an evil look, as though he knew what I was thinking...

I could continue to go on, but then I would probably be interrupted by blogspot, to tell me that I had just taken up all the online memory, and nobody else would be able to save their own posts tonight. So instead of attempting that, I think I'll just go back to channel surfing, and hope for sleepiness to kick in soon. Thanks for reading, and I hope you all had a good Saturday! Until next time.

Peace out y'all!

P.S. I told you it wouldn't be too depressing!

2 comments:

eristar said...

Yeah - I want to see Marley on a leash...uh-huh!
BOLKER - One who bolks, of course!

Lisa said...

There's a woman who lives in my complex who has a huge cat named Reggie. She walks him on a leash. He's bigger than many of the dogs that live here. It's a pretty awesome sight. However, she told me she's been walking Reggie like that since kittenhood. It may be a little late in Marley's life to start. On the other hand, he might enjoy terrorizing the local dogs at the dog park...

sashno: because really, I got over my sash-wearing days years ago.