Saturday 25 October 2008

Another Saturday Night and I Ain't Got Nobody...

Okay, so the lyrics are for Friday night, but hey, it's Saturday, and the principle is the same, so there, thbbbth... I could continue with the lyrics, but I think that if you know the song, you know the lyrics well enough too, so I'll spare you. Well work went better tonight than it did last night. First off, I worked the entire shift, and then some, and I made much better tips, yay! But then something horrible happened. I got home in time to watch Doctor Who, and my antenna, which normally gets WTTW in pretty well, decided tonight was a good night to cause me to swear out loud to myself for not getting much of a signal! During one of the best episodes, Satan Pit (part 2)! I couldn't believe it! See, I told you it was horrible. I can't wait for the day that I can afford a cable bill again. Now that the whole of network TV broadcasts are supposed to be digital, my reception, with a digital antenna, and a digital converter box, has gotten considerably worse. Maybe it's just that really "high tech" things and me don't get along so well... Most days I'm amazed my cell phone works. Anyway, back to the title of this post, I have started fully talking to myself, and out loud at that. Not cool, not cool at all. I need somebody to start talking back to me, before I start taking care of that myself too...

Well, none of the TV channels seem to be coming in tonight, so I think I'm just gonna hang out online for a little bit, then get some reading in before I hit the sack. I hope you all have/had a good night! Until next time, peace and good dreams!

1 comment:

eristar said...

Actually, Dave, you were right on with those lyrics - it IS "Another Saturday night..." Take it from someone who is OLD...:)
As for talking out lound to yourself, you are not alone! I do it all the time at home, but my boss even does it at work, so that makes at least three of us!!!
Have a happy Sunday, and remember
POCCEMER!!!