Tuesday 21 October 2008

What a whacky Tuesday

What a hell of a last 36 hours or so! First, yesterday, I was driving home between jobs, and I got a whole series of scathing text messages from my neighbor. On Sunday, she'd stopped by, before heading to meet her "boyfriend" at a birthday party. She just bitched about what he'd been like the last few days, and how she was confused, and asked what she should do, and so on. Well, after all she told me, she still decided it would be a good idea to go to the party anyway. After she left, I went onto Facebook, and updated my "what am I doing now" status. I wrote this, "I'm tired of my neighbor coming over to bitch about her messed up relationship with her boyfriend, and me playing the consultant." That was it. Well she read that yesterday, and flipped the bleep out!!! I got soooo many texts from her, just ripping me a new one. I tried to chill her a out a little bit, but she'd have none of that! Her anger just kept escalating. Then she wrapped the whole thing up with "Grow up Dave." I responded, simply, with "Wow." Yeah, she's younger than me, and she was the one flipping the fuck out over one sentence that didn't mention names or details, and the only person who would know who I talking about with said sentence, was out other neighbor. But hey, I somehow managed to publicly humiliate her none the less. Go figure, I guess I'm just a giant childish jackass after all, right? Then, to follow that fun filled intermission between jobs, my second job was slower than slow can be! And I had to close too. Sure, i enjoyed the time with Monica, but the work was not so much fun.

Then, this morning, I checked my bank account before work, but after breakfast, and to my surprise, I was $117 overdrawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have I ever mentioned how much I hate the money games that banks play???!!! I mean, really, I knew I'd be overdrawn, but damn! They took transactions that had cleared last a week and a half ago, and "uncleared" them, and then put them back once I was overdrawn by about $2. How messed up is that, and when i talked to them today, I was told that it was my own fault, and that I should keep better track of my money... I hate banks. Then job number one was not to thrilling. Domino's was a mad house between 6:30 and 8:30, and the manager, not Monica, had gone home for a couple hours, and the other driver had done the same. Go figure. Then, after everything was taken care of, and I did the job of three other people, taking orders, serving people, ringing them up (which technically I'm not supposed to do), and so on, once all the madness was over, the owner, Steve, came in. I made the mistake of telling him that I had taught myself how to answer the phones, and take an order, oops... Pop quiz time, crap, I don't have the specials memorized. He seemed impressed anyway, and he gave me pointers, and was generally cool. Yay me! So I had a good end to my working day, and that is always a good thing!

Lisa, it was great to see that you posted something! I love you!

Mom, you'll probably read this while we're chatting in the morning, so I'll talk with you then, and I love you too!

To everyone else, good night and good dreams!

No comments: