Thursday 16 October 2008

A Thursday night off...

It's Thursday night, and I'm not working...odd. Okay, so I've only been working for Dominos for about a month now, but it still feels strange not to be working right now. I'm not really bitching, but the tips would be handy. I did have an interesting day at job #1 today though. As you know, I've been driving my old route at work this week. Today I was privy to a truck engine explosion, down in Downers Grove. That only held me up for a little less than an hour, stuck on an off ramp with nothing to do but watch the craziness (as none of the other drivers on the off ramp could go anywhere at all...) I met a couple of customers that I'd only ever talked to on the phone before today. One of them was a total cutie, so that was nice. Sue me, I've been single for two years, and I have not had so much as a date in that long either... Hell, Monica grabbed my shirt in a demonstration of an event she'd recently had, and I almost thought it was a "come on", how sad is that??? (or desperate, even worse...)

So yesterday I saw a photo of a lion perched on the back of a horse, and the horse was running a track in a circus in southern China. It was a bizarre photo for me to see. I brought it up to my boss Matt this morning, and he said I was, in so many words, stupid, because tigers ride on the backs of horses all the time at the circus. I went to the circus for many years on my birthday, when I was a hyperactive little punk, and although the clowns kinda scared me, I remember most of the rest of the experiences, and I don't recall ever seeing a tiger riding a horse...am I crazy? Maybe blocking out a memory that I needn't? Or is my boss crazy? He also made it sound like he had to do a whole lotta work in my warehouse to make room for a new skid of copy paper we got this morning. Yeah, he moved 1, count 'em 1 case of paper, and the skid it was on too. Ooh, soooo hard to do. Oh the things I wanted to say to him about sensationalizing things so dramatically, but as I think I may get fired soon, and I don't know what I'd do if/when that happens, I bit my tongue and scowled to myself. I hate my job. Whoops, did I just say that out loud? yes, yes I did. I hate my stupid bloody job. It's so damn repetitive, and I can't stand it. I try to be proactive, and I get shit, I be complacent and I get shit, somebody else does something stupid and I take the shit for it. But what can I do without a degree in something, when what I want to do doesn't take a degree, but my stupid spine is all messed up? And the job I have offers freedoms that most office jobs don't, and I still hate it?! If delivering pizzas offered more money per hour (not including tips) I would take that up full time, but that isn't an option.

Maybe I should just say "screw everything", and pick up and move somewhere cheaper to live. But wait, I have too many bills to do such a thing. Or, I could find a girlfriend, or at the very least, a roommate, but as I have no money to ever go out and do anything to meet people, I guess that won't happen terribly soon either. I wish i could stop blogging about my woes so often, but, I write about what I know, and this is what I have known for a while now, so damn.

I wish i had something happy to end this with, but, I can't think of much at the moment. Hey, Fall is officially here, YAY!!! It was sunny today! Um...okay, that's all I've got. I guess I'll take what I can.

Peace out y'all! Until I blog again I wish you all a great day, and a great night!

1 comment:

eristar said...

WOw, you sure kjnow how to brighten up my morning! :)
Happy Friday, and SRODAAX!!!