Wednesday 29 October 2008

Hi There...

The last couple of days have been fun. Yesterday was my one day off this week, at Dominos anyway. I help my driver, Jorge (from my full time job), install some furniture at a rather large customer of ours. I got to the building, and he was already there. As soon as I walked out of the dock, and towards the service elevator, a rather annoying alarm started gong off, and lights started flashing. Next thing I know the security guard walked around the corner from the main foyer and greeted me with "You have to get out of the building, now. You can't make any deliveries." I still didn't see Jorge, so I made my way outside with the rest of the herd. It took about half an hour before the alarm was turned off. I spent the intervening time sitting in my car, listening to my stereo, and wondering what the hell was going on. Jorge, who I did get a hold of, went out to make a couple of local stops, and then come back. Turns out it was a fire drill. Oh joy for all! Anyway, then we busted our asses moving all kinds of heavy furniture around. More thrills! I found out later, after everything was long said and done, that these people ordered the wrong furniture, yay. Later that day, I got an email from facebook, reminding me that my birthday is coming up...no shit...

Today was a bit better. I had nothing to do with the furniture swap out. Hooray me! I didn't get any email notifying me of the anniversary of my birth date. Speaking of, I'm going to be 29 and that got me thinking of late, other than the obvious, is that people in my generation, and the tail end of this generations predecessor have really experienced the birth of a new level of socialization. We went from book reading, game playing, private problems and blissful ignorance of what the rest of the world was up to besides what the limited media informed us of. Now we have instant access almost anywhere at any time, to everything that we the people can come up with. It's really quite a fascinating thing.

I digress, I worked at Dominos tonight, and made enough in tips to put a little gas in my car, and get some lunch tomorrow. I can't wait for Saturday to arrive. Mini road trip for me! Destination, good home cooked foods! All to celebrate election day, a couple days early. On Tuesday I don't plan to watch or listen to any live feed media. Call me crazy, but I can wait until the next day to find out who will take the big office in February. This has been one wild ride of an electoral year so far, and frankly I'm annoyed by it to be sure! Are any of you planning on staying up late to find out who got the most votes?

I'm going to catch up with a couple of shows now. I hope you all have a great night! And now for something new...

----------------
Now playing: Killers, The - All These Things That I've Done
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

eristar said...

I'm with you on the whole election thing. Even though I'm working at the polls, they do not even give us a hint as to how the candidates did in our own community and I'm all right with waiting until the next morning to find out...However did people survive when they couldn't have the instant gratification of TV and the internet???

EVERCOPT? SOunds like someont being hounded by the police!