Monday 11 August 2008

Dogs rock!

Well today started off as many Mondays this year have, well actually the last couple of years. I got up at 5:30 (that's been the case for many more than two years!), having had some crazy dreams, as per usual. I couldn't quite get my head unmuddled for a couple minutes, but by the time I was out of the shower, it was about as unmuddled as my head gets. Having no money, meant having no juice this morning, and cereal is so boring when you have no juice! Not that I put the juice in the cereal... My co-worker, one of the full time drivers, Jorge, couldn't manage to make it home from the Dells this weekend in time for work this morning, so I already knew I'd be covering his route (aka my old route for 5 years, three years ago). So at least I knew I would get to see some of our customers that I kinda miss seeing, as not everybody in the corporate world is a jackass! I went to Saturn Steel, which I totally forgot how to get to, boy did I feel like an idiot when I had to call them! Any way, the woman that orders for them, Sue, always brings her dog to work. He is the most loving and pretty good looking golden retriever! When I used to go there all the time, and still had my dogs (oh how I miss my dogs, arrgg!!!), this dog, TJ (yes Lisa, the dogs name is TJ), would always run up to me and smell my shoes for ten minutes and then roll on them, and then do everything he could not to let me leave the office to continue my route. Today was no different, I was kinda surprised he remembered me, as I haven't smelled like a dog in a couple of years! Or seen TJ in as long either, it was great to catch up with him, and Sue as well, but the dog is much more playful, I must admit :) When I tried to leave he ran in super duper fast circles in front of me, blocking the door, and I had to make him sit before I could open it! The unfortunate thing is the dog is very vocal, and it's not that big of an office, and there are people on the phone all the time, but nobody has ever said anything to me before. I still feel bad for them! I do know though, that he never acts that way for the UPS guy, so I feel kind of honored!
Now I'm home, and back to the boring and hungry aspect of my life, once again. Oh well. Maybe, just maybe one of these days I'll have enough money after paying my bills, and I'll actually be able to go out and do something!!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, dogs! I love dogs! The world is a better place because of dogs! Yay, dogs!

teej said...

At least the dog's name isn't Tauno Joseph. That would have been strange to read....