Saturday 2 May 2009

The Big Three Present Themselves...

Hey y'all!

It's Saturday here, and I got to sleep in today! Here's to the power of sleeping in! My spine feels much much better, and for once I didn't remember any of my dreams, which also means I didn't wake up feeling all weird and shit! Marley wasn't yelling at my door either, because I gave him food before I went to sleep last night. Good move on my part. His cry is usually not that bad, but he tends to reserve the worst of them for morning, when he's hungry and pissed that I cut him off from me for a few hours. Cats, I tell ya. I got up slowly, turned on a mix tape (that's right, an actual cassette tape), appropriately named after today, Saturday. I listened to a live version of No Sleep by Jane's Addiction, and loved it. I hadn't heard that song in quite a while, and it was good. After showering, dressing and eating a bowl of cereal, I took a walk down to one of the gas stations, to get some juice. As I left the gas depot, and cut back through the strip of forest, back to the walking path, I saw an amusing sight. An older guy, grey haired and sporting a ponytail, riding a ten speed that looked to be the same age as the guy, giving his two Jack Russell Terriers some exercise. The dogs were held by an elongated "Y" style leash, that the guy on the bike held rather precariously. And to top the whole picture off, on the rear luggage rack mounted on the bicycle, was a box from Dunkin' Donuts! I found it rather amusing :)

However, when I got home, I had an email waiting for me, that elicited quite the laugh from me! Julia, that was a hilarious image you put in my mind, of you running around looking for your cat, in such attire to boot! I wish I could have seen that in person :) ! Anyway, later this afternoon, I went to get some Pepsi, but when I got into my car and fired it up, I was more inspired to just go for a drive. I ran back in and grabbed my camera, just in case I came across anything worth photographing. I never left Lake County, but I did get to put my car's turbo to work for once, and I got to play my favorite of all games: Last Second Pothole Dodging! I found a section of Rte. 12 that seems to have been completely neglected after this last winter. After about an hour of cruising, instead of finding Pepsi, I wound up finding Taco Bell. But at least they have Pepsi, hee hee. After pulling my car around, and finding a parking spot suitable for me to park and eat, I was glad to have my camera with me.


Chevy, Ford and Chrysler, the big three, with Chrysler in the worst current state of affairs...

And for some reason, my shoe wanted to be randomly photographed as well...


After eating, I head towards home making one last stop, at Walgreens, to get the Pepsi I had initially set out to get. Upon arriving back home, I took the passenger door (of my car, of course) apart, to find the source of the buzzing during certain frequencies of bass. Turned out to just be some wiring, and with a piece of strategically placed electrical tape, I mended the buzzing, yay! Then I headed back inside, and proceeded to shave my head. I didn't just stop with the top of my head this time, I did something I usually reserve for having to stand in front of a judge (and no, that is not all that common of an occurance:)), I shaved my chin too. No really, I did! See?......


Off with the hair on my chinny chin chin!
(I hate razor burn on my neck!)

That has been my day so far. Julia, I'm still randomly giggling about that image you put in my head! Now I'm going to pick something to watch on tv, or maybe put in a movie. I've got some chicken defrosting right now, and in a couple of hours from now, I should be eating it! Cooked, of course...

Good food, music and laughs for those who deserve it!

Peace out y'all!

Oh, and the Cubs won today!!! Go Cubs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

eristar said...

Go Cubbies!
Seems you had a good Saturday. Hope Sunday is just as nice!
INGUMBO - Let's see...chicken, and rice, and broth, and okra, and tomatoes....

Lisa said...

Bald chin? Weird!

Cubs won today, too! Hooray!

tomen: The state of being in which one finds oneself while reading ancient tomes